Mental Health First Aid (Lite) is a three-hour introductory course that aims to give participants a wider understanding of some of the issues surrounding mental health and of how and why positive and negative mental health affects people and organisations. It also enables participants to work more effectively with people experiencing mental health issues and mental illness.
Course content includes:
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health problems
- Supporting people in distress
- Caring for our own emotional wellbeing
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Define mental health and some mental health problems
- Relate to people’s experiences
- Look after your won mental health
- Identify strategies to support people with mental health problems
- Promote positive mental health in the workplace